to dwell & be held.

& i wonder maybe, if the green from the trees has been transplanted in our hearts as we heal & grow. 
words that come to me. words that stay with me. 
this transition between summer's vibrancy & muted fall. 
this slowly moving shift of the seasons.
& here i am. walking through this muted green land. 
i walk down the hill, & down the driveway. 
the pasture next to us is currently occupied with a lovely looking group of cows. they stare in what looks to be curiosity as i walk by.  
i stop & look at the flowers that surround the hope log. 
their colour a stark contrast to the muting surroundings. 
i wander off behind the hope log just a few steps & down through a few trees. 
& i am here in the 'sanctuary' & all the world seems to just be as i sit down upon a log bench. 
here in the shade of the trees i enter my own little world. 
i talk to Jesus. in this place it feels like He is just right here sitting beside me. 

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most high shall abide under the shadow of the almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge. and my fortress. my God in Him will i trust" psalm 91:1-2 

am i dwelling in the secret place? 
what does it mean to really dwell? 
does the "secret place of the most high" look different to everybody? 


here i am. in my little spot. & here it feels like i am in the secret place.
trees swaying above me.
"Child, I am protecting you. I am your God. place your trust in Me" 

here i am. standing beneath the sky. watching as vibrant colours are thrown across the clouds. 
i sit down. the ranchers join me. 
tonight we have prayers out under this canopy of colour. 
"Child, I am sheltering you. I am your God. place your trust in Me" 

here i am. leaning against my bottom bunk. sky still dark. room lit by our closet light. 
the early mornings seem slow when you're apart of the mentor bedroom. 
my Bible lays on my lap. i read words. i pray. 
"Child, I am here. I am your God. place your trust in Me." 

dwell: to be fully present in a place. 
each place holds an oppurtunity to dwell. 
each place. though not secret in appearance. secret in my heart. 
each place holds a promise that He is my God. I can trust in Him. 

" For He shall give His angels charge of thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands. lest thou dash thy foot against a stone." Psalm 91:11-12

Held up in the hands of angels. 
no other place would i rather be.
angel hands stay steady when the arrow flies. 
angel hands are never leaving. never failing. 
a promise of security. 

this ranch life. 
with its ever changing emotions. 
held in hands of angels. 

this ranch life. 
with the ever ebbing seasons. 
held in hands of angels. 

me living in this ranch life. 
held in hands of angels. 

& i rest for it all is being held. 

𛲣

there above my trip itinerary i see it. the numbers.  40 days.
& those days seem full & quickly passing. 
& i want to hold on.
to dwell in this place. every day. fully present 
every moment held in angel hands. 


& as always, if you think to pray please take that as a nudge from God that we need it. 
we feel them . 


till next time. 
ms. tif



Comments

Popular Posts