He is risen.


 

darkness .

my Jesus hung there .

His cry was heard.

My God My God WHY have you forsaken me.

alone .

blood from His hands & His feet.

on His shoulders my sins.

my Jesus in agony.

for me. who sits in darkness.

for me. who turned away.

for me. who stumbles.

for me .

He breathes His last breath.

i turn away.

my Jesus. why have you left.

i walk away in darkness.

death had surely won.

sealed in a tomb His body lay

it must be true the words He said

in three days i will rise .

yet that stone . that huge strong stone

surely it had won.

the dawn broke that third day .

birds started singing .

bright colours painted the sky

i sit alone

footsteps.

they stop .

slowly i bring my gaze upwards.

i see the nail prints in His feet

a hand is extended.

scared by the nails

i meet His gaze .

love .

i see love there

& there as the sun rises

the world seems to proclaim

He is risen .

death has not won.

that stone could not hold Him back.

His work had not yet been finished.

& the darkness flees

for the Light has come to bring Life.





Comments

Popular Posts